Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thrift Store Makeover

Ah................the thrift store bargains!

Here are my two most recent thrift store finds. I'm not really even sure what this was or was suppose to be, but it's now a shelf in my son's bathroom. It looked tired and old when I purchased it for $3.00 but nothing that a little sanding and painting wouldn't help. What I especially like is the little "fences" that goes around the shelves so nothing falls out. Very handy for a teenage boy who has little time to make sure things go back exactly where they are suppose to.



Notice the little wooden pegs on the side? These are very handy for hanging a towel or two since this shelf sits right next to the sink. Don't you think he could organize that bottom shelf????


I have to tell you that this is one of my favorite things to do. Go out to the local and shop around for things that are cute, useful, handy, unique, cheap and interesting. It's usually hit or miss, but I seem to frequently get lucky.

This next item is something I've wanted for a long time. With three teens and three floors, this wicker basket comes in very handy. It was in perfect condition and just needed a good cleaning. I've seen these in the stores for over $25.00. I paid $3.00. So thanks to the person out there that couldn't find any use for this because I certainly could!! Now, if I could just get one of the kids to actually bring it up the stairs when it's full.


Great finds this week and less things that will find their way into a landfill.01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was a spice rack? Neat re-use though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you what that shelf was. It used to have two brackets at the top that held it onto the side of a refrigerator to hold spices, etc. and kitchen towels on the side. I used to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right! It does look like a spice rack....go figure.

    ReplyDelete