A typically southern entrance, beautifully decorated with flowers and wicker furniture. Even the porch is painted blue which just adds to the colorful arrangement of items.
A red door on a coloniel style white home. The Chinese believe that a red door brings good luck to it's owners. Look at the Wisteria vine that hovers around the front door. I can't tell if it's real or silk, but it looks wonderful.
How do you like the color of the floor? I love it!
Here are all the changes I'm working on right now.
- priming and painting my railing-black, high gloss
- replaced aging, ugly outdoor lanterns with black one (much nicer)
- cut out and replaced all rotten wood
- purchased 2 large urns and potted flowers in them
- I'm doing something to my bricks. They look sad and faded. Still working on that.
- Adding decorative molding around my front door. They are currently flat and uninteresting.
- power washed the cement and bricks
- re-paint the front door. It's black with a stained glass piece and will be re-painted black.
That's it! But that's a lot of work. Stay tuned for the transformation.
01 02 03