Thursday, July 4, 2013

Redux: Rocking Horse

This was a quick and easy project that surely proofs that one man's junk is another man's treasure.

Something that someone had no use for landed up with me and I created a cute, useful item.  I don't have any little ones anymore so I'm selling this to someone that has children around (or maybe not).  I also think it would look darling out on a porch with plants on it!  I purchased this at a thrift store for 4 bucks.  Solid natural wood and well made.  It was spray painted and left in the sun to bake dry.
 I had some stencils at home that were used for painting glassware so I used them to outline a bunch of flowers on the seat of the horse and two for the eyes.
White seemed like a good color with an outline of black.  All hand painted with acrylics. I thought it came out pretty cute.  Hope someone finds it a new home.  I love searching around for items that I have a vision for.  This little guy fit the bill!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Fourth of July!

Christy
01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment