- sweep or vacuum frequently. Grit is your floors worse enemy!
- Wipe all stains and spills immediately
- Place small rugs in areas where water can spill (like near the sink)
- Use dirt trapping rugs at all outside entrances
- Use felt or fabric-faced glides on furniture legs and clean them frequently to remove grit
- Keep the high heels off the floor
- touch up scratches immediately with a touch-up product provided by the manufacturer
Types of floors available:
Most oak floors are either red or white oak. Oak is hard, durable, and readily available, which makes it a good buy. Other popular woods include maple, pecan, ash, beech, and birch. More expensive woods include cherry, walnut and even bamboo.
These floors are long lasting and beautiful. Certainly not "thrifty" because they are expensive but consider how long they actually last. In this case, you really get what you pay for.
01 02 03