Here is the cabinet that I'm going to create a new background for. A few years ago I cut and placed matchstick blinds behind the cabinet to give it a different look. For Christmas I'm giving them a real seasonal look.
I use thin, luan wood for each section. Measuring is key, of coarse and I learned that the hard way.
I cut out each section using my jigsaw and lightly sanded the sides.
As you can see below, each section was covered with red satin. I use "duct tape" to attach the satin. You may think this is a strange selection for adhesion, but it worked great! It gave me the ability to pull the fabric tight and it also gives me the option of taking it off easily next year and change it to gold or green fabric. I like this.
Here is the finished look. Maybe next year I'll do gold. Have a great holiday!!
Christy01 02 03