Please see: http://christys-thriftydecorating.blogspot.com/2008/06/photo-cd-coasters.html
I mentioned that you could download free photo software from: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/photofiltre.html
It's free, easy to use (with a little practice), quick to install and boot up. My daughter introduced me to this software and showed me a great little trick. Use a color photo, change it to black & white, and keep one item colored. Many of you emailed me about this so I decided to provide my own directions. Here is what it does.
Above is the before photo.
Here is the photo after. Notice I left "one" football jersey orange. I could have left them all orange has well. This is just one great feature that the software offers. Here are the directions.
- Download the free software
- Get yourself a colored photo and put it onto your desktop where you know exactly where it is.
- Open Photofiltre
- Go to FILE, click on open. You should now be looking at your photo.
- Go to SELECTION and click SELECT ALL
- Now RIGHT CLICK on your photograph and click INVERT SELECTION
- Go To the right of the software and grab the lasso (you know the one, it looks like what the cowboys use)
- Bring that over to the part you want to color . Use the cursor and outline the item. Please don't worry about getting it perfect, the software will fix it for you in the end. Just try to get it the best you can and the most accurate.
- Go the the top tools and click FILTER, Go down to COLOR, go over to grayscale.
- Now go up again to the top and click on SELECTION, go down to HIDE SELECTION
You are now finished. I love this look on the coasters.
Here is another site that show you step by step instructions.
This free software also does so much more. I'm still experimenting with it and having some fun.
I hope this helps all of you that had questions about this software. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.01 02 03