Thursday, October 16, 2008

Decorating For Halloween

Halloween is One of My Favorite Holidays


My three kids are getting a little old for all this stuff, but they still love Halloween. Over the years I have accumulated all sorts of things to "get festive" with.

This year it's the mummy cling on in my front window.

He is gigantic and takes up the entire front window of the house. With a light placed strategically behind him, he really comes to life at night. In fact, when you drive by the house, he is all you see. Pretty cool, huh?


Here are some very pretty and creative ways to decorate for Halloween.

photo: courtesy of www.countryliving.com

Lots of pumpkins involved here, but very cute on a front porch.


A very warm and inviting front entrance way. photo: courtesy of www.countryliving.com

This arrangement adds a real impact. Little pumpkins all arranged decoratively and carved.
photo: courtesy of http://www.countryliving.com/

This is some very involved decorating, but tastefully done and very festive. I can just imagine handing out candy from this area.

photo: courtesy of www.spookynight.com

Complicated, but spooky! I love the use of the netted fabric.
This photo shows the vinyl clings that I used in my window. They are pretty cool especially when lit from the back. Cost: around $19.00.


photo: courtesy of www.hgtv.com

Gourds, white pumpkins, flowers all make festive arrangements. The small gourds I saw in Walmart this morning were just under $4.00 for a bag of six.

photo: courtesy of www.hgtv.com

These pumpkins look great, but I'm sure they took lots of time to carve out.




photo: courtesy of www.hgtv.com

This wonderfully decorated home belongs to Mary McCarthy of Centreville, Md. She has included all the elements including a fog machine, staring eyes, gargoyles, a graveyard and even a bat belfry. Her neighbors refer to her as the "queen of Halloween"-I can only imagine why. This Victorian home was built in 1881 and is perfect for a Halloween presentation.


photo: courtesy of www.stolloween.com


If you want to see some of the most creative and imaginative Halloween props ever, check out this site. http://www.stolloween.com/ This guy gives you the best step by step directions on creating paper mache pumpkins, skeletons, zombies....etc. Unbelievable!









































































01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

3 comments:

  1. WOW. I just came across your Web site when looking for creative ideas to decorate with my fake flowers (I am the most unimaginative interior decor person ever and I also kill plants by standing next to them). Not only did I find great ideas on fake plants BUT I also found a BILLION other things I could use! Amazing. You have so much talent! I am def. recommending this blog to everyone I know here in Indiana. Thank you!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda:

    You are so sweet to say that. I'm glad you found some ideas from my site. Keep coming back and I promise I'll have more.

    Thanks again,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mummy cling sure looks spooky! I haven't seen them around here, yet. I did go for the big spider look, (a pic is on my blog) and it creeps out my DH, so it's well worth it! Ha! He shudders every time he has to walk by it - but I think spidey is cute!

    ReplyDelete