Sunday, December 23, 2007

Scratch and Dent

From the Scratch and Dent Shelf.............




If you have the retail store Kirklands by you, consider yourself lucky. This is hands down one of my favorite stores ever. I found one at the local mall and most recently one opened only 5 minutes from my house.



They have a great eclectic mix of home decor items that pretty much fit with any decorating style. Their prices are great and their sales even better.



They always have a "scratch and dent" section that has items that are broken or damaged. The wall plaque to the left was found for $5.00. Where you see the black and white photograph was originally a broken mirror. For 5 bucks where can you go wrong?



Take the mirror out, replace with a photo and you have yourself an item that is now in perfect condition.







The best part of this wall plaque is how it has become a conversation piece. Who are all those people in the photograph? Who knows? The photo was picked up at a thrift store for pennies.

I have no idea who all those people are but they definitely are an interesting group of people.

If you have a Kirklands by you, get onto their web site and register your email. They send out coupons every once and a while. I got a 20% coupon a month ago and recently got another 10% coupon for voting on my favorite painting.

http://www.kirklands.com/

I would like to take a moment to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I won't be posting anything for the next two days but I'll be up and running after Christmas. Hope to see all of you come back for a visit.

Thanks to all that have come for a visit.
Christy01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

2 comments:

  1. I love and adore Kirklands! Smart looking merchandise that is reasonably priced, and if you are lucky enough to hit a clearance sale, brace yourself for some fantastic deals.

    Just before Christmas they had some small felt purses in shades of gold, green and burnt orange which were decorated with felt leaves. Orginally selling for $4.99/piece, I bought them for 57 cents/piece. I bought out their entire stock. Since there are several fall birthdays in my family I intend for the felt purses to be the gift wrap for my gifts. My current thought is to put some pieces of jewelry in each gift purse.

    As for me, I intend to buy some silk autumn leaves and arrange them so that they tumble out of the purses then hang them on doorknobs.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Kirklands! I'm always amazed by the pieces I see in high end model homes locally...they always have pieces that Kirklands has! ;)

    Love your blog!
    ~melody~

    ReplyDelete